- The X-Bolt uses a detachable rotary magazine constructed from a durable lightweight polymer.
- The magazine feeds cartridges directly in line with the bolt, instead of oset as with traditional leaf-spring magazines, for a straight path right into the chamber.
- An ergonomic magazine-mounted release lets the magazine rotate directly downward and into the hand.
- Additional magazines can be kept loaded and carried in a pocket or pack for easy and safe access.
- Magazines are designed to handle multiple calibers to simplify ordering and inventory.