Zero Tolerance Knives
A MADE-IN-THE-USA EXPERIENCE
In 2009 ZT created a folder that became a staple of the brand: the 0350. This SpeedSafe® assisted folder was a bit smaller than many of ZT’s larger offerings, but it still had substantial size. Nevertheless, the knife struck a perfect balance and helped reach an untapped audience—those who wanted a beefy folder, but one that was convenient for pocket carry.
This idea carried over into the 2010s. ZT realized that the brand needed to make a transition. While military and first responders were still an important part of the audience, there were many more people who would want a ZT. The team had a mission: show this broader crowd that if you invest in a premium knife, it’s a gamechanger when it comes to form and function.
And so, ZT pushed the bar.
INNOVATION IN DESIGN & MATERIALS
In 2011, the groundbreaking 0777 was unveiled to the public. This stunning ZT Originals (in-house) design marked the first time ZT utilized its patented Sub-Frame Lock. Combined with a carbon fiber scale, the 0777 feels light in the hand, but it retains the strength of a frame lock knife.
This limited release won BLADE Show’s Overall Knife of the Year. Although not many of them were produced, the knife put ZT on the map. Later, ZT created a more affordable, consumer-friendly version, the 0770CF.
The brand continued turning out award-winning designs, as well as high-end production models. Customers started take notice. ZT wasn’t just about overbuilt tanks anymore. It captured a new audience, those who want sleek, high-performance, everyday carry knives.
PRECISION AND CRAFTSMANSHIP
All Zero Tolerance Knives are proudly built in their Tualatin, Oregon USA manufacturing facility by the most skilled workers.
Using only premium materials, they work to ZT’s high-performance standards, ensuring each part of every ZT is built with care and precision. The operation of your ZT is conspicuously smooth and fit-and-finish is second to none. Each one is confidently backed by their Limited Lifetime Warranty.
THE ZT PROCESS, STEP BY STEP
- A ZT always starts with purpose. What kind of knife does a ZT user, our retailers, and the market want and need?
- Award-winning designers create dozens of options for each knife. Finally, one is selected.
- Each part of the knife, from blade to screws, is designed in real dimensions on the computer.
- Now, the design is prototyped. Skilled machinists build about a dozen knives by hand. Based on their feedback, they refine the design as needed to make it production-ready.
- Next, each part is translated to programs that interact with our production machinery, refined and refined again. At this same time, the fixtures—the devices that locate and hold the individual pieces during the manufacturing process—are designed, engineered, and programmed.
- Production begins, with parts manufactured, and assembly underway.
- Throughout the process, ZT Quality Control (QC) is in place—from parts inspection to final inspection before shipping.
- Each knife is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Once you get a ZT into your own hands, you’ll experience the difference sophisticated design, premium materials, and a dedication to quality makes.