The Slimfit N-3B is a cold-weather parka designed for extreme weather. The streamlined silhouette offers a unique fit, while the thick lining, Nylon shell and longer length offers superior protection against freezing and windy conditions. The classic N-3B design was originally created to protect U.S. Air Crew and ground personnel during flight operations in severe cold and polar conditions. The slim fit is one of our best selling parkas, as it retains the protective qualities of the original Alpha N-3B but offers up a more contemporary fit that is perfect for the modern look.
- The sizing for this jacket cannot be compared to the N-3B Parka as the two jackets have different fits (standard vs core) and the variations between sizes differs between the two styles.
- 100% flight nylon outer shell with nylon lining and polyfill
- Hood lined with synthetic mouton fur and trimmed with removable faux coyote fur. Includes adjustable take-up strap and drawcord.
- Reinforced elbow patches for tear strength and design elements
- Inset knit cuffs for added warmth and size adjustments
- Full length front storm flap to help keep the rain and snow out
Product History:The first N-3B jackets were produced in the mid 1950s for USAF air crews who were assigned to transport troops in extremely cold climates. The parkas were originally made with a nylon outer shell and lining and a wool interlining. The interlining was changed to polyester batting in the 1970s. The long, sage green jackets became known as the “Snorkel Parka” because the fur-trimmed hood could be zipped right up leaving only a small tunnel for the wearer to look out of. The modern N-3Bs have slant pockets at the chest and flap pockets lower on the coat, and a panel that fastens with loops across the zipper to keep out wind. Today most use synthetic fur around the hood. The N-3B was the first jacket Alpha Industrie's made for the U.S. government in 1959 and Alpha Industrie's went on to produce it for the consumer market in the 1980s. In 1993 Alpha Industrie's introduced new colors including maroon, black and navy blue. Today Alpha Industrie's make several variations of the traditional N-3B.